Online Information Session
Tencent Finance Academy (Hong Kong) is launching a Fintech Competition (the “Competition”) themed “Tech for Good”. It is now inviting all current full-time undergraduates and postgraduates in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area to join the Competition, which aims to encourage students to learn about and make use of financial technology to make our lives easier and to boost the development of fintech in the Greater Bay Area.
Details of the competition:
1. Competition timeline
|30th March (Monday)||Application Start|
|21st April – 13th May||Online Information Session|
|31st May, 23:59 PM (Sunday)||Application Deadline|
|8th June – 10th June||Shortlist Announcement|
|June – August||Training Sessions|
|October||Fintech Challenge Day|
Proposal: English, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese
Fintech Challenge Day: English, Mandarin or Cantonese
Final Presentation: English, Mandarin or Cantonese
- Champion: Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 100,000 cash award;
- 1st runner-up: Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 50,000 cash award;
- 2nd runner-up: Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 10,000 cash award.
4. Proposal Topics (choose 1 topic)
1. Suggestion(s) on the inclusive financial product(s) of virtual banks.
2. Recommendation(s) on the potential application scenario(s) for electronic identification.
3. Recommendation(s) on the promotion of financial connectivity in the Greater Bay Area.
4. Suggestion(s) on the acceleration of digital transformation of payment scenarios and optimisation of user experiences.
5. Solution(s) to issue(s) related to financial inclusion or ‘tech for good’.
5. How to apply
Submit your application on https://www.tencentfa.org/competition.html
For further details, kindly check the competition prospectus on the website.
If you have any questions, please send an email to TFA@tencent.com