In response to the guidelines given in the China’s Thirteenth Five-Year Plan, the Guangdong-Hong Kong- Macao Greater Bay Area and The Belt and Road Initiative, Macau International Innovation and Invention Expo is intended to develop a platform for entrepreneurs and teenagers from all over the world to introduce and share their brilliant inventions as well as exchanging the advancement and application of science and technology in different relative fields.
Macao International Innovation and Invention Exhibition has successfully held for 7 years in Macau;however, with the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 8th Macao International Innovation Invention Exhibition (MiiEX) will only be conducted online. An award ceremony will be held at the Macao Science Center. All of you are welcomed to attend the grand event.
2. The organizational units:
(1) Organizer: Macao Innovation and Invention Association (MiiA);
(2) Guidance unit: China Association of Inventions (CAI);
(3) Co-organizers: World Invention Intellectual Property Associations (WIIPA), Hong Kong Federation of Invention and Innovation (HKFII), Hong Kong Invention Association (HKIA);
(4) Online Co-organizers: Huafa 7IPR National Intellectual Property Operation Platform;
(5) Support Unit: Macao Science Center, Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Innovation and Invention Association;
(6) Media Partners: The Patent Magazine (IFIA & MiiA Official Media Partner,https://www.thepatent.news/), Asia Pacific News Agency.
3. Important agendas:
(1) The Online registration will be effective on 15/8/2020, upon 23/9/2020 (please register before 22/09/2020, 1pm);
(2) Internal review by the international judging panel: 23/10/2020 (Friday) to 25/10/2020 (Sunday);
(3) Results announcement on the website: 26/10/2020 (Monday) 10:00 ;
(4) Award Presentation Ceremony: 27/10/2020 (Tuesday) 17:00, conference hall of the Macao Science Center
4. Registration and online registration procedures:
Registration fee for each project: MOP400
Application: https://umac.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eV6yllE6oqgdHVz (Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will collect the information and unified the registration)
(1) Individuals, enterprises and students are welcomed to sign up for the competition in the two participation
categories, the Enterprise/Individual category and the Students Categories.
(2) Innovative, advanced, scientific and practical inventions completed within the past year (after 1/1/ 2019);
(3) Exhibits that have participated in any previous MiiEX exhibitions are not qualified for registration (except
those with obvious and distinct improvement);
(4) Scientific research papers cannot be registered for this Expo.
Detail for the competition: