1. Background and Purpose:
To assist the Government in building smart city, and promote the development and application of information technology in Macao, the Centre for Innovation of the University of Macau will organize a Competition of Smart City Mobile APP Project Design. This Competition aims to link up students from different disciplines together for broadening the horizon of the development of smart city and mobile applications, as well as to promote the development and innovation of information and communications technology in local city. Participating students should design a proposal about Smart City Mobile APP project with commercial values. After the final round in November, the Centre will offer an opportunity to the winning teams for implementing their business plans as well as other hardware and software supports.
With the opening of Mobile APP training camp that has received keen enrollments, the Centre for Innovation has already paved a runway for students in developing mobile application. In order to further advocate the development of information technology and communication technology in the University, the purpose of this Competition is to encourage students to use creative thinking in designing Smart City Mobile APP projects that are related to Intelligent Transportation, Smart Tourism, Service Convenience, Health and Environmental Protection, which support the urban development goals to achieve higher standard of Living, Work, Transportation, Tourism and Entertainment. This Competition also intends to cultivate the innovative climate in the campus. Through the incubation platform of the Centre, the potential projects could be realized and students have another choice in their future career journey.
Sep. 2017: Application begins on 29 September 2017
Oct. 2017: Application deadline on 20 October 2017
The Centre for Innovation will organize a Workshop at 15:00 – 16:00 in E22-1002 on 11 October 2017 which is tailor-made for students who want to participate in the Competition. The Workshop aims to equip students with skills to write a business proposal. There will also be guests sharing their experience.
Students who want to participate the Workshop, Please feel free to click here!!!
Nov. 2017: Participating teams must submit a business proposal of Smart City Mobile APP Design before or on 6 November 2017. Participants are free to name the topic around the idea of smart city, gather relevant data by their own, and provide solutions. There will be a judging committee consisting of experts.
Nov. 2017: The list of teams entering the Final (at most 6 teams) will be announced by 17 November 2017.
|Teams entering the Final Round
|A minute self-service supermarket
|Intellectural Consulting System
|BARRA AR – AR Interacting App
Dec. 2017: The Final competition will be held on 1 December 2017 (Friday). Each team will be given 15 minutes for presentation, and 5 minutes for Q&A. The Award Ceremony will be held at lunch of the same day.
1. The target is all UM students, with application period from 29 September 2017 to 20 October 2017 (both dates inclusive). The application form is available at the webpage of Centre for Innovation. Completed form should be submitted by e-mail to ICI.Innovation@umac.mo
2. The business proposal must be submitted before or on 6 November 2017 by soft copy (.pdf or .doc file format) via email; teams could optionally submit a video of no more than 5 minutes as a brief introduction to the business proposal.
3. At most six teams will enter in the Final which will be announced on the webpage (https: //ci.ici.um.edu.mo) by 17 November 2017. The selected teams will be duly notified.
The competition will give the below awards.
|First Prize (ONE)
|Second Prize (ONE)
|Third Prize (ONE)
|Outstanding Prize (THREE)
|Vouchers equivalent to MOP5000, certificate and trophy
|Vouchers equivalent to MOP3000, certificate and trophy
|Vouchers equivalent to MOP2000, certificate and trophy
|Vouchers equivalent to MOP1000, certificate and trophy
|Note: The winning teams will automatically become the candidate of Incubation Selection Team of UM Centre for Innovation, and will also be provided with the opportunities of obtaining a start-up funding up to MOP 500,000. Please refer to: https://cie.ici.um.edu.mo/application-for-incubation/
5. Evaluation Criteria
|Basics of the project
|Functionality (whether the project could solve real needs, the technicality of the project, whether the design is user-friendly)
|Completeness of submitted information (functional description, whether the description is clear, demo, etc.)
|Innovation and Features of the project
|User Interface and interactive design
|Topic and others
|Meaning: user demand
|Value: market acceptability
- Each business proposal should be no more than 20 pages in A4 (including pictures, charts and appendices) and should be written in either Chinese or English;
- For enquiry, please contact the Centre for Innovation of the University of Macau, Telephone: 8822 2929, E-mail: ICI.Innovation@umac.mo;
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. If found, the team will be disqualified;
- The organizer is not responsible for any infringement of intellectual property rights by any teams;
- All information submitted to the organizer will not be returned;
- During the competition, all the information submitted will only be used in the competition;
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizer shall be final.