Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the University of Macau exchange sharing “Set sail for the road of innovation and entrepreneurship in the Greater Bay Area” has been successfully held at the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship under the University of Macau in the afternoon of 24 March.
The six sharing guests of the event are in various professional fields including law, investment and entrepreneurship education. Their sharing mainly focused on assisting the youth to start their own business and enabling the participants to have a deeper understanding of start-up, relevant knowledge and problems to be paid attention to in the Greater Bay Area. Moreover, they provided advice on entrepreneurial plans for those who are interested in starting a business or are starting a business. The wonderful sharing content and sequence of the six sharing guests are as follows:
- Dr. Zhang Guang from the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education Center of Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School shared the topic “Three Models of Growing Companies”, indicated that operating models, capital models, and business models are the key points to be paid attention in growing companies.
- Ms. Zhang Yan, executive director of Napuwei Investment Holdings, shared the “five questions that need to be considered at the beginning of a business”. The importance of the intention of starting a business, entrepreneurs need to clearly define their own company’s positioning, and misunderstanding the market demand will directly affect the failure of entrepreneurship.
- Mr. Zhang Ao, vice president of Shenzhen Great Wall Agribusiness Investment Co., Ltd., shared the situation of changes in the equity investment market from the perspective of M&A funds, and pointed out that the market is guiding capital to flow in the direction of hard technology. Then, he gave the suggestions that entrepreneurs need to continue to pay attention to changes in the economic and financial environment such as Sino-US trade relations.
- Mr. Wang Kun, deputy director of the corporate service department of Da Hengqin Development Co., Ltd., gave a keynote speech in “What is the most difficult thing to innovate”. He pointed out the difficulties of entrepreneurship and introduced the key mindset of solving “difficulties in starting a business” based in the four aspects of action strategy, project selection, resource management and going-concern.
- Mr. Shi Kailiang, Chairman of Guangzhou Dazhihui Entrepreneurship Service Co., Ltd., shared “Analysis of outstanding projects and competition key points in the eyes of investors and judges”. The three elements of an excellent entrepreneurial project (team, product, finance), are the keys to determining the excellence of an entrepreneurial project. At the same time, Mr. Shi gave corresponding professional advice on matters needing attention in participating in the entrepreneurial competition.
- Ms. Wang Liping from Guangdong Fengrui Xinjing Law Firm shared with the theme of “Entrepreneurship Financing”. She talked about the main points to be paid attention in venture capital financing and equity allocation. And indicated that the entrepreneurial projects need to be sensitive with recent business environment. Moreover, she advised the entrepreneurs to continuously conduct in-depth study via data, actively accumulate and understand the industry knowledge and technology.
At the end of the “Set Sail for the road of innovation and entrepreneurship in the Greater Bay Area”, Prof. Jerome Yen, Head of the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship under Institute of Collaborative Innovation of the University of Macau, promoted the tradeshow of “2021 Bank of China Trophy- One Million Dollar Macao Regional Entrepreneurship Competition” and presented souvenirs for the 40th anniversary of the University of Macau to the sharing guests. It ended with warm applause and participants said that they benefited a lot from this activity, the content of this event enhanced their entrepreneurial aspirations and provided them with a bright light on the path to entrepreneurship.
|Dr. Zhang Guang from the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education Center of Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School’s sharing||Ms. Zhang Yan, executive director of Napuwei Investment Holdings’s sharing|
|Mr. Zhang Ao, vice president of Shenzhen Great Wall Agribusiness Investment Co., Ltd.’s sharing||Mr. Wang Kun, deputy director of the corporate service department of Da Hengqin Development Co., Ltd.’s sharing|
|Mr. Shi Kailiang, Chairman of Guangzhou Dazhihui Entrepreneurship Service Co., Ltd.’s sharing||Ms. Wang Liping from Guangdong Fengrui Xinjing Law Firm’s sharing|
|Prof. Jerome Yen, Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, present the 40th anniversary of the University of Macau to the sharing guests|